Mathematics Workshops - Fall 2014 & Winter 2015
Math workshops at A+ strengthen knowledge of core content and pedagogy. Participants work in small groups to model and practice instructional strategies and leave with resources and mini-lessons they can put to use immediately. Read more about A+ numeracy coaches, philosophy, and experts we love.
Learn more about the workshops listed below by clicking the description link. Note that registration CLOSES three days prior to each workshop.
Scheduled Open-Enrollment Workshops
Data-Driven Spiral Review
|Feb. 17, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Mar. 3, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Other A+ Workshops
Call to schedule a custom workshop at your site -
Data Protocols for Formative and Summative Assessments
Using a PLC Model to Plan Around Revised Math TEKS
Number Sense & Computational Fluency
Proportional Relationships & Slope
Ratios, Rates, Proportions, and Percents
Proportionality and Percent Application
Functions & Linear Equations
Linear Relationships, Equations and Inequalities
See Additional Listings: Reading & Writing
"One of the only workshops
I have ever attended where
I actually learned
something! I have tons
of strategies I will
take back and share."
About Challenge Network Workshops
Who should sign up?
- Math, reading and writing teachers & specialists
- Middle grades (varies by workshop)
How do workshops work?
- Workshops typically cost $150 per day (6 hours). A few workshops cost more because they are longer, require more facilitators, or include additional materials.
- Most workshops take place at our office – 2700 Southwest Freeway in Houston.
- Workshops are designed around small group work, peer learning and hands-on activities. For this reason, they are capped at 30 participants (though A+ may offer up to four sections simultaneously, serving up to 120 participants at a time.)
- A+ can offer custom workshops at your campus or follow up with personalized, in-class coaching for teachers and instructional leaders – contact us for more information.
How do I sign up?
- Click on your preferred date to find the registration page for that workshop.
- Individual registrations should be paid by credit card.
- Groups of 6 or more – including custom workshops - can be invoiced upon request.
- Call (713) 658-1881 with any questions about registration and billing.