Literacy & Numeracy Specialists Academy
Who should apply:
School-based instructional leaders who are responsible for improving literacy instruction on their campus or multiple campuses.
Meets monthly, Sept. 2014 - May 2015
In this academy you’ll learn and practice strategies for:
- Shifting your role from interventionist to professional coach
- Unifying your team through protocol-driven, data-based discussions
- Conducting more effective classroom observations and coaching cycles
- Motivating reluctant team members
- Engaging students through choice in reading material and writing topics
Challenge Projects for this academy could include:
- How do we restructure our team meetings to add more focus on student data?
- How can peer observation improve collaboration and build capacity among teachers?
- How can we better meet the needs of English Language Learners on our campus?
- Insert your current professional dilemma or school-wide focus here!