Assistant Principals Academy
Who should apply:
School-based assistant principals or deans who are responsible for supervising instruction and managing other educators. Apply if you are interested in improving your skills in instructional leadership to advance student learning.
Meets monthly, Sept. 2014 - May 2015
In this academy you will learn and practice strategies for:
- Shifting your role from manager to instructional leader
- Using classroom observations to help teachers improve their practice
- Gathering data through observations and conversations that can improve your school’s instructional program
- Providing useful feedback to teachers about their practice
- Managing a project that creates aligned systems and structures around your school’s focus area
Challenge Projects for this academy could include:
- How do we restructure our team meetings to add more focus on student data?
- How can classroom observations improve collaboration and build capacity among teachers?
- How can I use classroom observations as a tool to improve teacher performance?
- How can I create a collaborative professional culture on my team?
- Insert your current professional dilemma or school-wide focus here!